Saturday, September 12, 2009

Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog Challenge #3...

FINALLY, after 2 1/2 hours of trying to upload this picture into blogger...

This challenge was good for me because I needed to make my son a card! He's working hard to be on the honor roll this first 9 weeks in school and so far he's carrying mostly A's, and he's a freshman in high school! I'm so proud of him! I know he's going to make it and so I made this card to give to him along with the "reward" he will be getting...his dad finally decided to get him a cell phone. He's super excited about it! Well, I chose to use purple paper because his school colors are purple & black. He saw the folded card that I received from last months Magnolia-licious mingle and thought it was cool, so I decided to make that style of a card for him. I just happened to have some wood looking wall cover samples from the girls at work and that was perfect for the border of the blackboard. I used glossy accents on the 2 full pencils on the front panel. I thought it turned out rather cool. I hope he likes it!



Blessings!
~H

PS Don't forget to check out my blog candy!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

This totally ROCKS Helen!! It's so inspiring...love the accordian style here, and just everything you did with this! Such a proud mom!! :) Keep up the great work, Zac!!

Thanks for entering this in our challenge this week!! It's so awesome.

Kathy W. said...

Awsome card Helen, Nice work

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Helen! What a cool school project! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We hope you'll join us again!