Sunday, August 12, 2012

There's no place like home...

...there's no place like home, there's no place like home. Can't you just see me clicking my sparkling red heels together 3 times? LOL I know, it might seem kind of cheesy, but when our awesome hostess, Traci, at Stampin Sisters in Christ challenged us to "create a card that depicts something that says 'home' to you" I thought this was perfect! Going home for me means going where my family is, where I grew up, where my heart is. I grew up in a small Kansas town, most of my family is around here and so Kansas is where my heart remains. I thought it was only fitting to do a "Wizard of Oz" theme!

The verse Traci chose for inspiration this week is John 14:1-6 "Do not let your heart be troubled;believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father'S house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am , there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going."
Our sponsor this week is DRS Designs and they are offering one randomly drawn winner a $10 store voucher! Please be sure to thank them for their generosity! They have a ton of gorgeous images!


I chose this adorable image from Mo's Digital Pencil called "Kansas" used my copics to color her and Toto then added stickles to her shoes and bows and ruffles on her dress. The paper is from a digital paper pack I bought from Sassy Designs called "Emerald City". The sentiment I printed from a free font on my computer (I didn't save it, so I don't remember which one I used!) I used copics to color the inside of the letters of it. I used red liquid pearls and the sunflower stickers are by Recollections.

I do hope you've enjoyed my card and that you will visit the other sister's blogs as well for their interpretation of this challenge! Most importantly I hope your day is blessed and you draw closer to the Lord after reading Traci's devotion on the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge blog!
And remember...follow the yellow brick road.
~H

PS Come back later in the week for exciting news I have to share with you!

12 comments:

Miesje said...

Awesome! I love little Dorothy! Your coloring is awesome too! Have a wonderful week!

Diane Noble said...

Dorothy and Toto definitely knew the truth about no place like home. Exactly how I feel. Adorable...no beyond adorable...card, Helen. Love it. Have a great week...

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Beautiful card Helen. I love Mo Manning's digi stamps - they are amazing!

Traci M said...

What a fun card, Helen!! It is so adorable, love your color scheme and that you personalized it to your own childhood!! Wishing you a blessed week!!

Traci M said...

What a fun card, Helen!! It is so adorable, love your color scheme and that you personalized it to your own childhood!! Wishing you a blessed week!!

Unknown said...

What a perfectly fitting card for one from Kansas! Her sparkly bows, petticoat and shoes (of course) are perfect.

Anonymous said...

So fabulous and charming Helen! Love how you colored her and designed to match!

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Helen! What an adorable Dorothy! And she's from Kansas too! Love your coloring! Perfect choice for this "Home" themed challenge!
Sandie

Karen Letchworth said...

This is adorable, and it really makes me think of home, too....cheesy or not.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm grateful for your participation and would love to have you play with us every week.
Have a great week, and thanks for sharing!
Blessings
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Esther Asbury said...

What a cute card --- I love the blue gingham!
(Shoregirl - Word Art Wednesday guest designer for the month of August)

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Helen - What a great card! Love Mo's images! The gingham paper is perfect and the sunflowers are great!! Hope you have a blessed week,
Michelle

Unknown said...

Great image, great coloring and great layout. Love what you chose to represent Kansas as home, its perfect!