Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge

Woo Hoo! It's almost spring! But even better than that, today is a new challenge from Stampin Sisters in Christ! This challenge is brought to us by the incredibly talented Pamela! The verse she chose for inspiration is Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Her challenge "You have free reign of what you want to do this week. But here's the deal: I want you to actively do this as an act of worship to our God. Before starting, pray. Thank God for your gift. While working, feel free to pray more, or perhaps sing out to Him. Put your focus on Him and remember that it is He who gave you your gift and remember that it makes Him happy to see you at work. Do this challenge, as if you were doing it for Christ himself!" Wow. Making a gift for the One who gave us the ultimate gift. He gave everything so that we could live with Him for eternity. What an incredible gift!

Our sponsor this week is Christian Paper Crafts and they've donated an adorable stamp set! Check out all the awesome items they have in their on-line store!

For my creation for this week, I used dp by K & Co. The brads are some I've had forever. The stamps used are by Inky Impressions (thank you Lisa!), SU, Imaginisce, Inkadinkado, Stampabilities & SonLight Impressions (from 1989!). I used Prismacolors & Copics to color and some stickles for sparkle! I used my nesties to cut out the small card.

About half way through this project, I felt as though I needed to give it to Haley, our Pastor's daughter. She's the sweetest thing. She's in the 5th or 6th grade and they've only been here for 7 months, but she has adjusted so well. I just wanted to let her know how special she is to those around her.
Well, without further ado...her's what I made this week! I hope you enjoy it!

I also filled the drawers with little goodies for her. This was the most fun project I've ever made!

Please join us for this very special challenge this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! You'll be so glad you did!

Blessings!
~H

6 comments:

Candace said...

Oh, this is so cute! She will love it! Have a great week!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a perfect gift for a 6th grader. I know she will love it and will find so many uses for it. This project is so far above my pay grade of skills and it is just stunning! I love every bit of it.

Kathy W. said...

oh Helen, I do enjoy!! This is awsome and the little girl will LOVE it:)

peggysue said...

Wow, what a project you made! This is a lovely gift. Randi's comment made me laugh, I don't know if I could make one of those either! You did a marvelous job.

Becky said...

This is so adorable. Awesome little project.

Pamela said...

I love it! What a great gift! :)