Monday, March 7, 2011

Lucky Bird

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by! Today I'm sharing with you a card I made for my little 4 year old friend, Kaitlyn, who is the proud big sister of 5 day old Kinsley. I saw this paper at my local scrapbook store and fell in love with it! One side is the rain boots and the other is the multi-colored stripes. What's even better is the next day after purchasing this paper, I found this free digi at Designed 2 Delight! What a perfect match! I was so uber excited to make this card! I'm going to enter it in the challenge Faith has going at D2D.
Fun card, isn't it? See the little puffed up flower? I punched it out of the paper I used then used my fingernail to puff up the petals! Cute, huh? I'm sure you'll be seeing more of those in a few days... :) I had these pearls just laying around and I picked up this fun ribbon from Michael's a while back and had never used it! Not sure you can really see the stickles I used, but each stripe on the bird's leg and each polka dot on the boots has stickles. The paper is by Three Bugs in a Rug from their April Showers line.
Wanna know the best part of this card? Kaitlyn has boots EXACTLY like the ones the bird is wearing!
Have a blessed day!
~H

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! Your card is perfect! I love your paper!

terrie said...

Your background paper is just perfect...the layout of your card is very nice...well done

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

Too cute Helen. The orange bow is a lovely touch! Thank you for playing us this week at Designed 2 Delight.

Michelle Pearson said...

sweet colors and papers! I love what you did with Faith's image!
thank you for playing the D2D challenge!!

Katie said...

That paper works fabulously with the image!
Thanks for playing at D2D this week :)

Pat said...

Pretty card! The DP is perfect for this image. Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Inspirations.

Pat :)

Faith S. said...

Wow! That paper is so cute!! Your card is adorable! LOVE the colors!